During the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, Valdemorillo lost its splendour as a leisure centre, but it maintains its role as a supplier of construction materials, with the manufacture of lime, bricks and tiles and the exploitation of granite quarries. It is known that, among others, “San Francisco the Great” from Madrid and the Villaviciosa de Odón’s castle were built with them.
In the middle of the 19th century, the town revived and joined the industrial society with the opening of "Falcó and Callejo’s fine crockery factory’s opening, thanks to the discovery of a kaolin deposit and its proximity to the capital.
Juan Falcó or Sociedad del Aulencia factory, founded in 1845, produced pieces of fine earthenware, with great quality design, obtaining national and international awards. Its work was greatly appreciated even by the royal family, who commissioned dinnerware for Alfonso XII and Alfonso XIII.
In 1912 the factory was forced to close down due to the depletion of the local kaolin mines and transport difficulties, that had to be done by road, carried, probably, in baskets by wagons or transported by horses to, at least El Escorial. Both circumstances made their products uncompetitive in a market that had been liberalized since imported chinaware was much cheaper.
The owners transferred the land to the council’s management and it became the Cultural Centre in 1999.
This peculiar building that is erected around the Chimneys, maintains the character of the factory, so intimately linked to the history of this town. This can be appreciated not only in the original design of the building, which embraces the furnaces, but also in the ceramic construction materials mostly used.
Nowadays it is the cultural centre of Valdemorillo which counts with an auditorium, an exhibition hall, classrooms and workshops where many cultural activities for the enjoyment of neighbours and visitors take place.